The Oyo State Governor signed a N310,432,500,000 2023 Appropriation Bill for Oyo state on Friday, tagged the ‘Budget of Sustainable Development,’
This was disclosed in a assertion by the Oyo State Governor on Friday evening, he famous the finances is a transition finances for the completion of ongoing initiatives in Oyo state.
The finances contains N155.7 billion for recurrent expenditure and N154.8 billion for capital expenditure.
Sustainable growth: Seyi Makinde said that the ‘Budget of Sustainable Development,’ is for the transition of initiatives to be accomplished in 2023, he mentioned:
- “Today, I signed the Oyo State 2023 Appropriation Bill into law in Saki. The total sum of the budget tagged the ‘Budget of Sustainable Development,’ is Three Hundred and Ten Billion, Four Hundred and Thirty-Two Million, Five Hundred Thousand Naira (N310,432,500,000)”.
- “I thanked the Honourable Speaker of the Oyo State House of Assembly and other members of the house for the speedy passage of the budget and for their dedication to the cause of Oyo State. The focus of this transition budget is the completion of ongoing projects in our dear state”.
A Transitional interval: The handed finances is N432.5 million greater than the proposed N310 billion earlier despatched to the lawmakers by Makinde on November 3, he famous the recurrent expenditure is greater than capital expenditure as a result of the state is “going into a transitional period”.
- “Some of the initiatives we began would be accomplished in 2023.
- “So, this is a finances that has N155.7 billion for recurrent expenditure and N154.8 billion for capital expenditure.
- “You will notice that recurrent is slightly higher than the capital expenditure and this is because we are going into a transitional period”.
IGR progress: Makinde additionally famous that the state’s inner income has elevated by over N3.8 billion, stating his administration “has elevated the internally generated income to over N3.8 billion.
- “When we speak about finances efficiency, since we got here in, we have always carried out effectively above 50 per cent.
- “The signing of this budget in Saki is a testimony to the fact that in Oyo State, our economy across all our zones, is indeed an integrated economy”.
In case you missed it
The Nigerian Senate defined why it postponed the passage of the 2023 appropriation invoice to Wednesday, December 28, 2022, stating it skilled some issues in the doc, in receiving the report on the 2023 finances from the appropriation committee.