There are studies that the embattled Governor of the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN), Godwin Emefiele, is at present assembly with President Muhammadu Buhari at the presidential villa in Abuja.
Although the particulars of the assembly are nonetheless unknown, the assembly of the apex financial institution boss with the president would possibly not be unconnected with the current financial coverage course of the CBN with respect to the cashless coverage and the introduction of the new naira notes as properly as the drama with the Department of State Security (DSS).
According to Punch, this is the second assembly that Emefiele is having with President Buhari since he secretly returned to the nation on January 12, 2022, from his trip outdoors the nation.
Earlier on Thursday, the CBN Governor was half of a delegation of the Arab Bank for Economic Development led by its Director General, Dr. Sidi Ould Tah.
For the report
- Emefiele had allegedly left the nation following the investigation of a number of allegations towards him bordering on terrorism financing and corruption.
- There had been solutions that the current travails of Emefiele would possibly be political given the seemingly affect the redesign of the naira and revised money withdrawal limits could have on politicians and vote shopping for in the 2023 basic elections.
- Recall that earlier in December, there had been studies of an enormous protest of individuals numbering over 200 who stormed a Federal High Court in Abuja following a reported swimsuit secretly filed by the DSS, accusing the CBN Governor, Godwin Emefiele, of terrorism financing and different crimes.
- The group of civil society organizations had raised alarm over an alleged plot to body Emefiele for terrorism and take away him from workplace.
- The DSS had sought a courtroom order to arrest Emefiele. But the request was rejected by the Federal High Court sitting in Abuja.
- Also, on October 20, 2022, Justice Inyang Ekwo sitting in the Federal High Court in Abuja summoned Emefiele over the $53m judgment debt arising from the Paris Club refund.
- The courtroom ordered him to seem on Wednesday, January 18, 2023, as the listening to date.
- However, Emefiele filed an attraction towards the Federal High Court ruling saying that Justice Ekwo erred in legislation and occasioned a miscarriage of justice when he made an order compelling his attendance in courtroom for the $53 million debt.
This is a growing story….