Good morning! Here is in the present day’s abstract from Nigerian Newspapers:
1. The Federal Government has mentioned it will quickly meet with operators in the midstream and downstream oil sector as half of measures in direction of creating strategic inventory for Premium Motor Spirit, popularly referred to as petrol, in key areas throughout the nation to finish the shortage. The Executive Director, Distribution Systems, Storage and Retailing Infrastructure, Nigerian Midstream and Downstream Petroleum (*10*) Authority, Ogbugo Ukoha said this on Tuesday.
2. Presidential candidate of Labour Party (LP), Mr. Peter Obi, yesterday, mentioned his marketing campaign crew was attacked in Katsina State throughout the Monday rally. In an announcement issued on his behalf, Diran Onifade, Head of Media, Obi/Datti Presidential Campaign Council, mentioned that the assault on Obi and his marketing campaign crew is condemnable.
3. Governor of the Central Bank of Nigeria, Godwin Emefiele, has mentioned the CBN will not prolong the January 31 deadline for the old naira notes. Speaking at the post-Monetary Policy Committee briefing of the financial institution in Abuja on Tuesday, Emefiele mentioned, “I don’t have good news for those who want the deadline of old naira to be changed because we will not move it”.
4. Members of the Monetary Policy Committee (MPC) of the Central Bank of Nigeria, CBN, have voted to improve the rate of interest from 16.5 per cent to 17.5 per cent. The committee famous that the improve was aimed at preventing inflation aggressively.
5. The House of Representatives has requested the Central Bank of Nigeria to prolong the deadline for acceptance of the old naira notes by 6 months. The House additionally resolved to invite some Managing Directors of some banks and the CBN to temporary the management of the House on the availability of the notes.
6. Presidential candidate of the All Progressives Congress, APC, Asiwaju Bola Tinubu, has urged the ex-minister of State for Steel and Mines Development, Dr. Uche Ogah, to cease all courtroom circumstances he filed over the Abia State governorship primaries and come and meet him to speak over the matter.
7. President Muhammadu Buhari, yesterday, formally commissioned the first section of the Lagos Blue Line Rail system from the Marina-Mile-2 axis of the State. Buhari, who had earlier unveiled the John Randle Centre for Yoruba Culture and History, Onian, in Lagos, was accompanied by his host, Lagos State Governor, Bababjide Sanwo-Olu.
8. The Indigenous People of Biafra, IPOB, has vowed to render key politicians in Imo State politically irrelevant. IPOB claimed that the politicians had been behind the killings, destruction of properties, and insecurity in the State. Emma Powerful, the spokesman of IPOB, mentioned the politicians contributed to the pains of residents.
9. The Police Service Commission (PSC) has mentioned there would be no extension for officers due for retirements. The fee, subsequently, ordered Deputy Inspector Generals (DIGs), AIGs, CPs and others due for retirement to go.
10. The household of a younger girl in Gbako LGA of Niger State has requested the household of her suitor to take again the old N1,000 and N500 notes they gave as bride value. It was gathered that the household of the suitor took an undisclosed quantity to the household of the girl as bride value and cash for different gadgets in preparation for the wedding ceremony.