Fire razes shops at popular Ose main market in Onitsha – Pegars News

An early morning fireplace on Saturday gutted some shops at the popular Ose Main Market in Onitsha, Anambra State, destroying drums of chemical substances that have been saved. 

This comes barely 3 weeks after fireplace razed 2 blocks of shops at the Kano road part of the main market in Onitsha, destroying items price thousands and thousands of naira. 

The disclosure is contained in an announcement signed by the Director/Fire Chief of Anambra Fire Service, Mr. Martin Agbili, the place he stated that firefighters who have been instantly deployed to the scene after a misery name, battled the fireplace all via the early hours of Saturday. 

Although the trigger of the fireplace incident is but to be ascertained, Agbili stated that no life was misplaced throughout the heavy inferno. 

Fire prevented from spreading to different shops 

News continues after this advert

  • The assertion reads, ‘’At about 1.02 a.m. on Saturday, the Anambra State Fire Service acquired a misery name of a hearth outbreak at No 4 Ajasa Street, Ose Main Market, Onitsha, the place they promote chemical substances.
  • “We instantly deployed our fireplace vans and our ever-prepared and fearless firefighters to the fireplace scene. We swift into motion, battling the fireplace, managed and fought it to a standstill.
  • “The cause of the fire was unknown as nobody was there when it started. Although, the fire destroyed about three shops no life was lost during the heavy fire”, he stated.
  • ”Loads was saved as we prevented the fireplace from spreading to different shops round the fireplace incident scene.
  • “It is necessary to know that we should always change off of our electrical and digital home equipment particularly when it is not in use.
  • “We must also know that we are at the peak of the harmattan. Avoid anything which can cause fire outbreak at this season.” 

Leave a Reply

%d bloggers like this: