Popular musician, Daniel Oladapo, additionally identified as D’Banj, has regained his freedom.
His launch comes 72 hours after being detained by the Independent Corrupt Practices and different Related Offences Commission (ICPC) over the allegations of fraud related with the N-Power Programme.
The N-Power is a scheme established by President Muhammadu Buhari on June 8, 2016, to tackle the points of youth unemployment and empowerment, and assist enhance social improvement.
In an announcement on Friday, D’banj’s lawyer, Pelumi Olajengbesi, mentioned the self-acclaimed Koko Master was launched on self-recognition.
Olajengbesi famous that the singer cooperated with the Commission throughout its investigation. He nevertheless didn’t make clear if the anti-graft company granted his consumer administrative bail.
“After 72 hours of unfair detention and false allegation against Mr Daniel Oladapo (D’banj), the Independent Corrupt Practices and other Related Offences Commission (ICPC) on Friday afternoon released the popular singer,” the assertion learn.
“It is instructive to be aware that the ICPC launched D’banj on self-recognition after the company may not discover something incriminating on him.
“Nigerians must be told the truth that D’banj is clean and have no criminal or fraud record. It, is, however, an embarrassment to the entire country that such a huge allegation of N900m fraud against a public figure without any evidence.”
See the full assertion under:
ICPC RELEASES DBANJ’S AFTER NO EVIDENCE OF FRAUD ALLEGATION
- After 72 hours of unfair detention and false allegation towards Mr. Daniel Oladapo (D’banj), the Independent Corrupt Practices and different Related Offences Commission (ICPC) on Friday afternoon launched the well-liked singer.
- It is instructive to be aware that the ICPC launched D’banj) on self-recognition after the company may not discover something incriminating about him.
- Nigerians should be instructed the reality that D’banj) is clear and have no prison or fraud document. It, nevertheless, is an embarrassment to the complete nation that such an enormous allegation of N900m fraud towards a public determine with out any proof.
- The ICPC Chairman, Bolaji Owasanoye (SAN), and the complete officers of the ICPC should be deeply unhappy and embarrassed additionally that their first rate group was used for such shameful publicity towards an harmless man. Only a couple of organizations and individuals stood and waited to confirm the claims. This type of media trial is evil.
- The Minister of Humanitarian Affairs, Disaster Management and Social Development, Sadiya Farouq, who claimed to have instructed the ICPC to detain D’banj should now be prepared to clarify to the world the cash traced to his account and the quantity.
- We nonetheless demand that the minister present the particulars of the authorities authority D’banj allegedly collaborated with and present the account and N-energy funds allegedly traced to Dbanj’s account.
- This is injustice and upon the instruction of our consumer, we might head to court docket to search redress, a public apology, and compensation from the ICPC. The detention of D’banj) is it an injustice that the ICPC discovered nothing incriminating traced to his harmless persona?
- This is to say an enormous thank you to Chief Mike Ozekhome (SAN) and my Learned Senior Barr. Babs Akinwumi for the management.
Pelumi Olajengbesi Esq.