Maverick politician Senator Arthur Nzeribe is dead.
Here are things you probably didn’t know about Nzeribe:
2. He was Senator for the Orlu Senatorial constituency in Imo State from October 1983 to December 1983 and May 1999 to May 2007 on palrform of the People’s Democratic Party (PDP) slate.
8. In 1957, he traveled to Lagos where he obtained employment with Federal Republic of Nigeria’s Port Authority as an engineering cadet, and a year later, received a scholarship from the NPA to study marine engineering.
9. He was a billionaire believed to be worth over $1.5 billion as of 2018.
10. Nzeribe built Sentinel Assurance and other companies.
11. Arthur Nzeribe was elected Senator for the Imo Orlu constituency 1999 and was reelected in 2003.
12. In November 2002, Senate President Anyim Pius Anyim indefinitely suspended Senator Nzeribe due to an allegation of a N22 million fraud.